Sexual health Matters
St Oswald's Hospital Ashbourne
Sexual Health Screening, Contraception, pregnancy testing all confidential based at St Oswald's Hospital Ashbourne on Wednesday 3:00 - 6.30pm or contact 01335 230000 or you can book an appointment through the Central Booking line on 0800 328 3383
Useful Websites/Contact Numbers:
0800 282930 - Confidential Sexwise Advice Service
www.fpa.org.uk or call 0845 122 8690
www.ruthinking.co.uk or call 0800 28 29 30 for facts about contraception, STI's, abortion, and links to other useful sites.
www.brook.org.uk - free and confidential advice on sexual health and contraception for under 25's call 0800 0185 023
www.condomessentialwear.co.uk for detailed informaiton on STI's and how to stay protected your teen can visit this web site.
If you want help on how to talk to your kids, you can get information and support free from Parentline on 0808 800 2222.
Living with Teenagers - a parenting skills course - These free 8 week NHS Courses help Parents get the best from their relationship with their teenage children. To find out about courses in your area, call 01246 514977 or 01246 514978.
For a list of local clinics where your teenagers can get free contraception and condoms, visit www.nhs.uk or www.ruthinking.co.uk
Parentline Plus 0808 800 2222 - a national charity providing free 24hr help and support or visit www.parentlineplus.org.uk
You can also get help or advice from your GP or practice nurse, and there are more local venues and contacts listed at: www.nhs/worthtalkingabout
Teenagers - Do You Know
You can book a telephone call with a doctor or our prescribing nurse if you are unable to get down to the surgery and need advice, please ring reception on 01335 300588 and ask for a telephone call appointment.
Useful Telephone Numbers
- NHS 111 on 111
- Childline 0800 1111 (for young people in distress or danger)
- Sexual Health/Contraception (Derby City Advice Line) 01332 363371
- William Donald Clinic (Advice/treatment for sexual health) 01332 254681
- Treetops Hospice (help and support for children going through bereavement/terminal illness) 0115 949 1264.
- Boots Chemist 01335 342039
- Lloyds Chemist 01335 343509
- FRANK: 0800 77 66 00
- Samaritans: 0845 790 9090
- Family Rights: 0800 731 1696
- RAFT (alcohol support): 01246 206514
- Space 4 U (support for 11-15): 01246 231079
- SOLVE IT: 01536 510010
- MIND: 0845 7660 163
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000