We have put together some information to help you at this terribly difficult time - bereavement_leaflet.docx
Treetops Hospice, Derby Road, Risley. Telephone: Main number (0115) 949 1264
Family Bereavement Support
Support to the family can include:
- individual sessions with children and young people to help them express/explore their grief and any related problems
- family sessions which often focus on sharing difficult emotions and helping family members communicate with each other
- separate support to parents/carers to help them with understanding and responding to their children’s grief
Adult Bereavement Support
How do I access support?
Telephone the Bereavement Support Worker on 0115 949 7354 between 8.30 am and 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday. You will be able to arrange a time when she can visit you at home to talk about what support you may need.
What support is available?
Treetops Hospice offers regular one-to-one support to people over the age of 18 at Polly's Bereavement Centre in Sandiacre. Should you be unable to access Polly's, support can be arranged in your home. There is also the opportunity of joining a monthly support group at the hospice. Occasionally you may be directed to another, more appropriate service.
The service is managed by the Bereavement Support Worker who is an Accredited Counsellor with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. The support is provided by trained bereavement support volunteers and qualified counsellors.
Books for children (Death and Dying)
- The Snowman Storybook - Raymond Briggs - ISBN 02413045X
- Death - What's Happening? - Karen Bryant-Mole - ISBN 0750203986
- What do we think about Death? - Karen Bryant -Mole - ISBN 0750222085
- The Best Day of the Week - Hannah Cole - ISBN 0 7445 54675
- Always and Forever - Alan Durrant - ISBN 0385 60503X
- No matter what - Debi Gliori - ISBN 07475 63314
- I feel Sad - B & Gordon M Moses - ISBN 07502 14066
- Someone has died suddenly - St Christophers Candle Project - ISBN 0952819627
- How it feels when a parent dies - J Krementz - ISBN 0394758544
CRUSE BEREAVEMENT CARE
When you have lost someone close to you the feelings you experience will be overwhelming, often frightening and unfamiliar.
Cruse Bereavement Care has trained volunteers in and around Ashbourne willing to listen and help you understand those feelings. You may like to meet in your home or at an independent venue.
Help is just a phone call away
Please call the Derby Office on 01332 332098 to make a one-to-one appointment
Curse Bereavement Care, 10 Vernon Street, Derby DE1 1FR